More Details For Altered Door Hangers

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 10:00 AM | with 2 comments »

Ok, so I made another door hanger but this time I took pictures during the process. I hope you find these helpful for making you own door hangers!


I started with my painted wooden door hanger as pictured above.


Next I cut my cardstock to about the size of my door hanger and used adhesive to attach the cardstock to the door hanger.


Once I have my cardstock attached , I turn the door hanger over and cut away the excess cardstock.


So now I'm ready to stamp a background on my cardstock. Here I am using Riding Hood Red Ink and a stamp from the Enjoy Life stamp set.


Here I have prepared my image for the front of my door hanger. I used a stamp from the Pun Fun stamp set and stamped in Pacific Blue Ink on whisper white cardstock. I stamped the same image on another piece of whisper white card stock but this time in Riding Hood Red Ink. From the image that I stamped in the Riding Hood Red Ink I cut the wings out and the the window and pieced them onto my original image stamped in Pacific Blue. I layered this onto a piece of Pacific Blue cardstock.


Finally, I attached my image to the front of the door hanger and wrapped some hemp twine around the bottom and tied it off in a knot. And there is my completed project. You can add more ribbon, brads or other embellishments. You can also add your child's name, this makes a nice door hanger for a kids room.



post signature

2 comments

  1. Whimsey // January 23, 2009 at 8:18 PM  

    Can you tell me where you obtained your wooden door hanger? I need to make two, but don't know where to purchase them.

    Thanks in advance!

    whimsicalexpressions@yahoo.com

  2. Anonymous // January 25, 2009 at 1:20 PM  

    Yes, we got our doorhangers from http://www.craftparts.com

Post a Comment