Altered Door Hanger Tutorial

Tuesday, October 21, 2008 1:34 PM | , with 0 comments »

Here is a very cute door hanger I made earlier today so I'm going to share with you a very simple tutorial for making this. For this door hanger I used the following supplies:
Materials:
wooden doorhanger
Stampin' Up! card stock Tangerine Tango, Kiwi Kiss, & Whisper White
Stampin' Up! classic ink Tangerine Tango & Kiwi Kiss
Stampin' Up! stamp set Eastern Blooms
Stampin' Up! stamp set Define Your Life
Tombo Multi Purpose Adhesive
Craft Knife
Hemp Twine
Craft Paint


Step 1. To prepare my wooden door hanger I painted one side of it with an off white craft paint. (you can use any color you like)
Step 2. Cut a piece of card stock just a little bigger than the size of your door hanger. (for mine I used Tangerine Tango) Using your Tombo Mutipurpose Adhesive liberally apply glue to the front of your door hanger. Attach your cardstock to the front of the door hanger and press firmly to make sure the cardstock is adhering well.
Step 3. I used the small flower stamp in the Eastern Blooms set to create a pattern on my cardstock. I randomly stamped the flower using Tangerine Tango ink on my Tangerine Tango cardstock. This created a cute little background pattern on my cardstock.
Step 4. Place your door hanger face down on a cutting pad or piece of cardboard. Using a craft knife cut all of the excess card stock off of the edges of your door hanger and the inside of the handle.
Step 5. Once you have trimmed all of the excess cardstock away, you can use a sanding block or small piece of sand paper to smooth the edges.
Step 6. Now you are ready to decorate the front. I used the Eastern Blooms stamp set combined with a sentiment from the Define Your Life stamp set but you can use any stamp set you like. For an added touch you can tie ribbon around the handle (I used twine in this example).


I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial. You can find all of the materials needed to make this project by visiting our Stampin' Up! Website and click on the shop now button under my name. Online ordering with Stampin' Up! is available 24 hours a day. To see more exclusive stamp sets from Stampin' Up! download the latest fall/winter catalog located in the menu bar to your right.

Happy Stamping,

post signature

0 comments

Post a Comment