Photography Fun

Tuesday, June 16, 2009 5:06 PM | with 0 comments »


I was browsing a local photographer's website and found a really neat photo of a high school senior sitting in the middle of a chalk drawing. And that was the inspiration for my photos on the left.

So, I ran outside with my 4 year old and her sidewalk chalk, and had her write her name on the new blacktop and draw some other doodles.

She said "But mommy what if a car comes? I'll get ran over!" I told her "It's ok, I'll watch for cars." I never let my child play in the street so she was a little confused. When she was finished drawing I posed her in the road near her drawing and snapped a few shots. I wanted to get a little bit higher to get the shot so I had my ladder propped up on the street. Alexis was a bit fussy and wasn't really wanting to pose for me, so it took several shots and along with my pleas for cooperation.
Then I decided I would do the same using Alexis and her cousins. Now getting 2 four year olds and a 6 year old to cooperate all at the same time was quite a chore. I'm sure the neighbors thought I was crazy for sure! But overall I'm pleased with my results.

post signature

0 comments

Post a Comment