Altered Wood Letters

Wednesday, January 14, 2009 4:12 PM | with 1 comments »

This is a project that I've been fantasizing about for quite some time, and I finally dove in and got it started! We are remodeling our family room and when it is done I have one wall where I'm wanting to hang some family photos, under the photos I'll  be hanging my altered letters. I finally found this letter F at my LSS. Now I'm in search of the lower case letters to finish spelling out the word Family, but I can't seem to find them anywhere. So if you know where I can find them, please drop me a line.

  • This letter F is about 6.5" long and 1/2" thick. I used tacky glue to adhere my Basic Grey designer paper. Once dried I sanded all of my edges smooth. Then I tied various ribbon on my letter, the larger ribbon on the bottom is from Stampin' Up! the other two came from a LSS. I threaded some hemp twine through some old buttons I had lying around and then frayed the edges and attached with glue dots. I made the tag with some green bazzil card stock and inked the edges in Chocolate Chip ink. I stamped the word family on the tag using Studio G lowercase alpha  that I got from my LSS for $1.09. I love how it turned out. Now I can't wait to get the rest of my letters and get my room finished as well!




  • post signature

    1 comments

    1. Anonymous // January 31, 2013 at 2:11 PM  

      I'm truly enjoying the design and layout of your website. It's
      а veгy easy on the eyeѕ
      which makes it much more plеaѕant for me tо come here and visit morе often.
      Diԁ уou hiге out а developer to creatе уour theme?

      Eхсellent work!

      my sitе; Utility Company
      My web page : bucket truck

    Post a Comment